There are things in this world you miss when you lose them.
- A beloved belonging – a cherished souvenir, a common everyday object but given on a special day or by a special someone…glasses, wallets, bottles, rings…even socks…misplaced, forgotten, stolen in a foreign land. Never to be found again.
- Confidence – Rejections. Snarky replies. Words uttered arbitrarily but which have the power to slice you open from within.
- Trust – A betrayal that cuts deep. A stab straight in your gut when you least expect it. Let down and left behind. The story of life.
- Belief – Losing your faith. In the people around you. In life. Worse, in living itself.
- Loved one – Sudden and unexpected or a prolonged illness…leaving behind a void that refuses to be filled.
The worst I feel is losing your faith. Not being able to believe in anything is the worst kind of state of being there is. How do I get out of this?
Notes to self:
Trust in yourself. Even if shit is thrown at you from all around, believe that you are not made of it.
Imagine a brighter tomorrow. ‘Tomorrow is another day’ Scarlett said. And so it will.
Life is bigger and better than whatever you are going through right now. Don’t get bogged down. Believe in the larger picture and don’t lose hope of it being revealed to you in the future. ‘The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.’ - Eleanor Roosevelt
Or as one of my favorite author puts it…’The past is always tense, the future perfect.’ - Zadie Smith