- Quantity produces quality.
- Begin and inspiration will follow.
- Write, write, write more, even more, everyday, even when you don’t want to, when you are sick, when you are blue…just write.
- Don’t listen to criticism but do pay heed to suggestions.
- Write crap. Edit later.
- Don’t get bogged down by the nasty, the competitors or the ever-present self-doubt.
- Get into the scene but don’t forget the story.
- Shades in characters do make them richer…even if they’re not ‘Grey’.
- Listen to music, read, watch, walk, cook, clean, work…do whatever it takes to get your next page out.
- Aspire but remember…work before glory.
Okay, ladies, Francesco Cura is here to fire up your Friday! Presenting the cover of WEAR YOU DOWN – Book Two of the First Things series!…You like?
WEAR YOU DOWN will be out on February 28, 2013 on Amazon, B&N, Nook and Kobo. But you can pre-order your copy from Apple right now! (This link will work if you have iTunes on your device. To pre-order just search for ‘Wear You Down‘ in iBookstore on your iPad/ iPhone and you’ll strike gold. 🙂 )
WEAR YOU DOWN
Emma Paes has had a very Dickensesque start to her life. The born in a dumpster, rescued by a missionary and caged in a convent kind.
Over the years, fueled by her love for sitcoms and classics, Emma dreams of visiting the land of Gilmore Girls, becoming a governess and maybe even finding her very own Mr. Rochester.
When she bumps into Harry Colt while backpacking in Paris, she starts wondering if she’s finally found him. But Harry doesn’t fit into any of Emma’s fictional cut-outs. He is neither a beautiful bastard nor a walking disaster. Dammit, he doesn’t even have fangs popping out during sexy times!
Driven by circumstances, they share a hotel room and spend two loquacious nights together in Paris. But then Harry does something which breaks Emma’s heart and she runs away without saying goodbye.
It takes a whole year for them to meet again. But things are different this time. Emma is no longer the naive girl Harry met in Paris. She’s become the reigning Samba queen of Rio and doesn’t need the crutches of fictional or real heroes to lead her life. And not all the sexy v’s and smoldering eyes in the world can make her change her mind.
Undaunted and undeterred, Harry summons all his courage and charm to pursue Emma and convince her that he is worthy of winning her heart back. But will she let him?
Contemporary Romance. HEA ending. 17+
CAN BE READ AS A STAND-ALONE
Now for the fab giveaway. As a part of a blog hop, I’m offering a $50 Paypal credit (INTL). Go ahead, just enter in the contest below and give it a shot.
AND HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND AHEAD!